Common Measure or Meter is:
stanzaic, written in any number of quatrains. When the quatrain is doubled, it is called Common Octave.
Note: doubling a quatrain and writing 2 quatrains of the same form are not the same thing.
A doubled quatrain would have rhyme scheme xaxa xaxa (while 2 quatrains would change rhyme xaxa xbxb.)
metered, L1 and L3 are iambic tetrameter and L2 and L4 are iambic trimeter.
What can burn the dark and light mind
What can cleanse the grime there
What can wash off the stinky smell
And cense therein with care
A mode of sculpting the hard heart
Into a godly stare
Dipped and dressed of scented prayers
Will do a lot to fare
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -143 by Indira Renganathan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The sky viewer, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Love without Tongue, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Bittersweet, Maurice Whyte
- Crazy Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- First Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Walk like a Penguin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- No-where One, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Cry of Torn Leaf, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Amdo (love), Missau Missau
- Dynamic Frustration, Zillur Rahman Shuvro