Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Libyan revolution)
Screwed up face, even a mother cant love,
smirks at the red from the neck of a dove.
Your sons and dogs have run amuck!
Soon to be seen passing the buck.
Your hype of Ghadafa shall bear no fruit.
Not your comic robes nor Saif's Seville suit.
No umbrella can save your frayed thatch.
That the Libyan people now ache to catch.
Your strength in rabid vermin goon?
You're past the stage of bane or boon.
Pack your Caucasian couture bags!
like the Shah! Now headed for rags.
Your tents and mercenary buxom beau.
Ordained to veer an aching slew.
Your tinkering of the bits and bytes,
hauntingly splash your funeral rites.
Rave and rant that you are great?
Truth soon! And will catch up fate.
The blood you've spilt, will lie in wait,
to teach you the meaning of hurt and hate.
You unworthy shadow of Libya's great.
That! The Arabs and world so lowly rate.
The people wish your harangues to stop.
look for abundance in the budding crop.
The people you professed to herd.
For forty years never spoke a word.
Now in their hand a flaming torch.
Loose yourself before its harsh scorch.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Libyan revolution) by saadat tahir )
Did you read them?
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher