Drawing out self from the clutter of obnoxious thoughts
Tumbling down the abyss of unanswered ifs and buts
Soul reeking of suppurating ego, lust, greed and hate
Head sinking down in shame for the perfidious fate
Unfortunate were they who failed to leave their marks
Little by little time devoured up their inglorious sparks.
Hope to sink my feet in the sands of time I leave behind
Those who follow my thoughts should not run blind
My promises and aspirations that left unfulfilled
My undying love for all that with time got stilled
I hope my progeny would take care of them all
They must sail through troubles-big and small.
But I count the days in fractions of seconds
I don’t wish to leave now my foes and friends
Their whims and fancies I always cherish in my heart
To them must I must thank when from this life I would depart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aimless by Tiku akp )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable