Peter Daniel Phiri
Aids Caught Me By Surprise
Your pain hides somewhere in my heart,
How can I pull you up,
when I'm falling down?
I'm poised to lose this fight,
But I shall win this war.
My streangth and focus was dedicated to fighting poverty,
But from my blind side,
Aids caught me by surprise and declared war.
Away goes my virginity to Aids.
Defeated and infected I now live.
Another victory yet again for HIV,
I infected her without knowing,
And now my heart rages like a violent storm from deep within.
But my weapon shall conquer,
My message is stronger.
I may die on my knees,
But on my feet,
I will give them the keys.
Open your eyes and see,
We joined hands like the sea.
Safe sex and abstinence will set us free.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aids Caught Me By Surprise by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- slowly down the road, animesh sapkota
- Understanding The Bodo Culture, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Each Day With You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Where there is truth and love, gajanan mishra
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael P. McParland