Peter Daniel Phiri
Aids Caught Me By Surprise
Your pain hides somewhere in my heart,
How can I pull you up,
when I'm falling down?
I'm poised to lose this fight,
But I shall win this war.
My streangth and focus was dedicated to fighting poverty,
But from my blind side,
Aids caught me by surprise and declared war.
Away goes my virginity to Aids.
Defeated and infected I now live.
Another victory yet again for HIV,
I infected her without knowing,
And now my heart rages like a violent storm from deep within.
But my weapon shall conquer,
My message is stronger.
I may die on my knees,
But on my feet,
I will give them the keys.
Open your eyes and see,
We joined hands like the sea.
Safe sex and abstinence will set us free.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aids Caught Me By Surprise by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh