Peter Daniel Phiri
Aids Caught Me By Surprise
Your pain hides somewhere in my heart,
How can I pull you up,
when I'm falling down?
I'm poised to lose this fight,
But I shall win this war.
My streangth and focus was dedicated to fighting poverty,
But from my blind side,
Aids caught me by surprise and declared war.
Away goes my virginity to Aids.
Defeated and infected I now live.
Another victory yet again for HIV,
I infected her without knowing,
And now my heart rages like a violent storm from deep within.
But my weapon shall conquer,
My message is stronger.
I may die on my knees,
But on my feet,
I will give them the keys.
Open your eyes and see,
We joined hands like the sea.
Safe sex and abstinence will set us free.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aids Caught Me By Surprise by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery