I taste neon in the air. Sort of blah. Like oats.
I hold a smile. Reflecting off each tooth. Is a letter.
From the broken advertisements. That bleed.
Through the falling snow. The molar. Nearest.
My right wisdom. Is broken. As I swallow.
The neon. Stabs. The back of my tongue.
I rub it along. The pointy enamel. Until I develop.
A callous. I hold the winter air. Between my cheeks.
It numbs everything. My smile reveals. The lies.
In glinting advertisements. I try frowning. But the world.
Is upside down.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ahhhh Neon! by A.j. Binash )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton