Ferdinand L Quintos
Agony In A Theme Park
I’m oft groping in the dark
why you no longer frequent
our favorite theme park
where you and I have spent
moments happy as a lark.
I waited so long for you
beside the man-made lagoon
where you and I went to row
under the light of the moon,
you did not come, I don’t know.
I combed the place over,
I peered at all the faces,
many met me with sneer,
but I failed to find traces
of you hither and thither.
Now I am alone and lost,
I don’t even seem to hear
or feel once more the boost
all the funhouses offer,
I felt like I was a ghost.
The colorful Ferris wheel,
trying to kiss each low cloud,
no longer give me the feel
to scream and shriek aloud,
the pain almost makes me reel.
The roaring roller coaster,
with its sharp turn, rise, and dip
that used to make me holler
now makes me ready to weep,
deep pining makes me falter.
The exciting carousel,
the fun-filled merry-go-round
that, to people, held appeal,
now only makes me feel down,
wish it takes me right to hell.
The theme park is now all bare,
gone are its allure and glow,
but I don’t as much as care,
all this, I want you to know,
because you’re no longer here.
Ferdinand L Quintos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Agony In A Theme Park by Ferdinand L Quintos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Corrective body for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- ~Red Lights~, E Nigma
- I Am Happy To Walk Home Alone Slowly, Shalom Freedman
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya