The merry widow in her home,
So proud of her tidy residence,
Hostess to all who rambled in-
No age barrier or code of entry.
Seated beyond, beside the fire,
Always happy to have visitors.
Summer or winter all the same,
Goodhumoured, so dependable.
Sitting back while storytelling-
Smoking Carrolls number one;
Listening to the bits and pieces
That could be told to her alone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Agony Aunt by Matt Mooney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots