Ages should be with me
What will you choose if you..quoth he
'This is the beautiful world and me: -
My choice is not to keep mountainous age,
‘Tis not my desire, 'Ages should be with me'.
Before the utterance of words from the palmist
Before he would dragged my hand, I put in his hand
'Ah! I see, crabbed line and..., lo it has wrought.
'Ya, .its Silver hand with moon's spot
But Fate...Ah! this line is..Right-self created
Lines! Sun, Mercury. Venus..Okay, but..- The pot'
Sir, rays of your Eyes are very hot
Lest it should melt and mingle, please leave,
Let me go now, have to work a lot.
'He defied, said wot, two life line-
This is life line.....This is called sister line...
Ah, pines tree, you know, your life... Late shine '
Sir, Look, this life of mine will hie,
Not worried, laughingly I will depart
Saying everybody, Allah Hafiz and good bye
Worried.. Please, guide me to preserve
Eternity under the sovereignty of Allah
What deed I do so as to deserve? //
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ages should be with me by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)