Ages should be with me
What will you choose if you..quoth he
'This is the beautiful world and me: -
My choice is not to keep mountainous age,
‘Tis not my desire, 'Ages should be with me'.
Before the utterance of words from the palmist
Before he would dragged my hand, I put in his hand
'Ah! I see, crabbed line and..., lo it has wrought.
'Ya, .its Silver hand with moon's spot
But Fate...Ah! this line is..Right-self created
Lines! Sun, Mercury. Venus..Okay, but..- The pot'
Sir, rays of your Eyes are very hot
Lest it should melt and mingle, please leave,
Let me go now, have to work a lot.
'He defied, said wot, two life line-
This is life line.....This is called sister line...
Ah, pines tree, you know, your life... Late shine '
Sir, Look, this life of mine will hie,
Not worried, laughingly I will depart
Saying everybody, Allah Hafiz and good bye
Worried.. Please, guide me to preserve
Eternity under the sovereignty of Allah
What deed I do so as to deserve? //
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ages should be with me by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush