What is this love, Agape Love?
The love, that God is made of?
It lives in the song of the dove,
Sprinkles down, from far above.
The love that we pretend to feel,
Not the true love that we conceal,
How then, do we know what's real?
It can soothe the heart to heal.
Where did it go, why did it leave?
So much here, is meant to deceive,
It's very simple, you must believe,
True feeling, will naturally conceive.
It can't be that hard, a life to fulfill,
Is it that moment; everything's still?
When I feel; that warm tingling chill?
You're beginning, to know, my will.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Agape by G.R. Gaus )
Did you read them?
- Dancer, Kyle Schlicher
- The Sunset In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- Titled with untitled, Jole Hans
- Moon Whispers Tune, Kyle Schlicher
- Oh' that smile, Ms.Tanease Berry
- Our Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Each Hour, Kyle Schlicher
- Facial Character, Kyle Schlicher
- ZZ Rod Serling And His Guru, Saiom Shriver
- Every Day I Am Alive, Mac McGovern
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)