What is this love, Agape Love?
The love, that God is made of?
It lives in the song of the dove,
Sprinkles down, from far above.
The love that we pretend to feel,
Not the true love that we conceal,
How then, do we know what's real?
It can soothe the heart to heal.
Where did it go, why did it leave?
So much here, is meant to deceive,
It's very simple, you must believe,
True feeling, will naturally conceive.
It can't be that hard, a life to fulfill,
Is it that moment; everything's still?
When I feel; that warm tingling chill?
You're beginning, to know, my will.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Agape by G.R. Gaus )
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second