The dead are calling. They sit on their headstones
Like grotesque, heckling gargoyles.
They yell at me, I have no time,
I am alone in this, no one can help me
As wolves unfold among the sheep,
White as a bridal gown.
I seal them in under black, thick tar,
In a shoebox, do not let them sniff me out,
Chase me down before I run out,
Time cannot protect me, it is not my friend,
But I know I will win in the end,
And I will go when I will go, before time defeats me.
Too much left to do, to write,
The things that keep me here, I know they wait
For my decision, my choice.
They try to distract me with thick fog and hope I go missing,
But what they are missing is what I can do best,
Navigate in darkness and invisible places.
I know they have a place prepared for me,
They like to think of me as family,
A place where everything is red and black,
They think it scares me more than where I am
Already now, it makes me laugh,
And all I think is 'not just yet'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Against Time by Jan Hauck )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz
- Shakespeherian Rag, Naveed Khalid
- God with Us, Paul Sebastian
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Peshawar massacre, Ejaz Khan
- A Musk Rose, Naveed Khalid