Waltz For Zizi
Against God(s) (After Profanity)
With enough money we can touch the sky
and get across this damn ocean
before we grow old here, and
get used to growing old here,
like rats are used to grow old in sewers,
I told her one day.
It's my ambition to stop being a rat,
even if it means to be alone.
I'd still have the company of my heart,
I'd still love, I'd just be alone
with my flesh and my ordinary verses,
and you would remain the same,
a rat among millions of rats,
crawling through other's dirt, and
eating it, and thanking a god for it,
adoring him for giving you so much of it,
for putting you so close to his heart,
and crowding out to get even more of that dirt.
The world being so ugly, I myself challenge it.
I don't expect a god to do it for me.
I don't need flames to make me good,
so why do you need to be frightened by a beast?
Why do you need prizes for your humanly deeds?
It's too difficult for me to believe
in your god, in anyone's god,
as long as i'm covered in mud.
You don't like what i think, did I make you mad?
So put me on your naughty list.
It's not the vanity of my heart, but
rather the insanity of your believes (/believers,
chopping other's heads, stoning women to death)
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Against God(s) (After Profanity) by Waltz For Zizi )
- Hindi Haiku (91-95), S.D. TIWARI
- Polar Bear, William Jay Smith
- Penguin, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (81-90), S.D. TIWARI
- Tired Fox, Aftab Alam
- Hindi haiku (75-80), S.D. TIWARI
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)