Waltz For Zizi
Against God(s) (After Profanity)
With enough money we can touch the sky
and get across this damn ocean
before we grow old here, and
get used to growing old here,
like rats are used to grow old in sewers,
I told her one day.
It's my ambition to stop being a rat,
even if it means to be alone.
I'd still have the company of my heart,
I'd still love, I'd just be alone
with my flesh and my ordinary verses,
and you would remain the same,
a rat among millions of rats,
crawling through other's dirt, and
eating it, and thanking a god for it,
adoring him for giving you so much of it,
for putting you so close to his heart,
and crowding out to get even more of that dirt.
The world being so ugly, I myself challenge it.
I don't expect a god to do it for me.
I don't need flames to make me good,
so why do you need to be frightened by a beast?
Why do you need prizes for your humanly deeds?
It's too difficult for me to believe
in your god, in anyone's god,
as long as i'm covered in mud.
You don't like what i think, did I make you mad?
So put me on your naughty list.
It's not the vanity of my heart, but
rather the insanity of your believes (/believers,
chopping other's heads, stoning women to death)
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Against God(s) (After Profanity) by Waltz For Zizi )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Forgotten Things, Archan Mehta