Waltz For Zizi
Against God(s) (After Profanity)
With enough money we can touch the sky
and get across this damn ocean
before we grow old here, and
get used to growing old here,
like rats are used to grow old in sewers,
I told her one day.
It's my ambition to stop being a rat,
even if it means to be alone.
I'd still have the company of my heart,
I'd still love, I'd just be alone
with my flesh and my ordinary verses,
and you would remain the same,
a rat among millions of rats,
crawling through other's dirt, and
eating it, and thanking a god for it,
adoring him for giving you so much of it,
for putting you so close to his heart,
and crowding out to get even more of that dirt.
The world being so ugly, I myself challenge it.
I don't expect a god to do it for me.
I don't need flames to make me good,
so why do you need to be frightened by a beast?
Why do you need prizes for your humanly deeds?
It's too difficult for me to believe
in your god, in anyone's god,
as long as i'm covered in mud.
You don't like what i think, did I make you mad?
So put me on your naughty list.
It's not the vanity of my heart, but
rather the insanity of your believes (/believers,
chopping other's heads, stoning women to death)
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Against God(s) (After Profanity) by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Untitled (We Were On A Train), Joseph Archer
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath
- Colorful Dots-2, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- You, Joseph Archer
- दुखुनि मोदै हुगारनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Colorful Dots-1, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Be The Candle, Neela Nath
- A Very Simple Song, Joseph Archer
- Yule Log, GRANT FRASER
- Necromancy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK