Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
I quiver, the day is here an no time is left.
when heavens will fall, when life is bereft
in despair I craze, must I part with my bliss?
wounded my heart; aches for the slaking kiss
woe to me; o why did I love my only friend.
twinge lurks in every shadow; times to an end.
My misery unheard; why should it so descend,
its farewell then? that's fate? Can't we pretend?
I'll befuddle, stare the roof in an empty bed.
punishing my ears; straining for your tread,
yearn for your gleaming eyes, to hold your hand
lingering memories, empty fists an shifting sand
O' I breathe your smile, softly call your name,
days an nights merge to mingle with your frame
my life forever changed never to be the same
I wish you knew dear, that this isn't just a game
lucky I am to have felt this intense emotion.
to remain my obsession, my life's only notion,
I writhe and consume what we could be together.
Wafting of a breeze the feel of a silky feather
Times flown; my hair graying my soul is fraying
you across oceans, I impaled, alone, slaying
Solace In memories or pretense in praying
Gaping, aping, numbed an silent yet saying
You smile to me through the world of flowers
Shine an gleam at me in the vastness of stars
you brighten each year with the colors of spring
lend your sweet incense to each an every thing
I've felt you in blistering deserts in gales an pouring rain
As events drag my body and make me go insane
Forever I relive goodbyes an feel the wrenching pain,
If I had the gift of lives, I would love you again an again!
(Sunday, April 05,2009)
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Again and again......(Lothario's lisp) by saadat tahir )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz
- Shakespeherian Rag, Naveed Khalid