Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
I quiver, the day is here an no time is left.
when heavens will fall, when life is bereft
in despair I craze, must I part with my bliss?
wounded my heart; aches for the slaking kiss
woe to me; o why did I love my only friend.
twinge lurks in every shadow; times to an end.
My misery unheard; why should it so descend,
its farewell then? that's fate? Can't we pretend?
I'll befuddle, stare the roof in an empty bed.
punishing my ears; straining for your tread,
yearn for your gleaming eyes, to hold your hand
lingering memories, empty fists an shifting sand
O' I breathe your smile, softly call your name,
days an nights merge to mingle with your frame
my life forever changed never to be the same
I wish you knew dear, that this isn't just a game
lucky I am to have felt this intense emotion.
to remain my obsession, my life's only notion,
I writhe and consume what we could be together.
Wafting of a breeze the feel of a silky feather
Times flown; my hair graying my soul is fraying
you across oceans, I impaled, alone, slaying
Solace In memories or pretense in praying
Gaping, aping, numbed an silent yet saying
You smile to me through the world of flowers
Shine an gleam at me in the vastness of stars
you brighten each year with the colors of spring
lend your sweet incense to each an every thing
I've felt you in blistering deserts in gales an pouring rain
As events drag my body and make me go insane
Forever I relive goodbyes an feel the wrenching pain,
If I had the gift of lives, I would love you again an again!
(Sunday, April 05,2009)
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Again and again......(Lothario's lisp) by saadat tahir )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)