That star in the night sky
Is not there anymore
But we see it and will see it
For millions of years yet to come.
Did the star die?
Did it live?
In life, we call this phenomenon
A ghost, a hallucination.
(Is life a ghost too?)
What if the star never lived?
Or maybe its death dies
While the star continues to live,
With its afterlife light.
Dejan Stojanovic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterlife Light by Dejan Stojanovic )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra
- Beatific, Naveed Khalid
- Bed of lust, Gerald Obinna
- The Traveling Onion, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Stuff I Love, Emily Liang