That star in the night sky
Is not there anymore
But we see it and will see it
For millions of years yet to come.
Did the star die?
Did it live?
In life, we call this phenomenon
A ghost, a hallucination.
(Is life a ghost too?)
What if the star never lived?
Or maybe its death dies
While the star continues to live,
With its afterlife light.
Dejan Stojanovic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterlife Light by Dejan Stojanovic )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou