After Your Visit
I wished I hadn't returned your two ice packs
When I realized my missing one
Was probably in your Esky.
'I'll be able to make do', I thought,
'I've still got one big one that lasts all night,
Two small blue ones,
And the softpack that stays hard
Beyond all expectations.'
Today will be the big test:
41degrees, they say.
Though surprisingly cool this time of day.
Perhaps I'll find that ice pack
Somewhere you put it that I wouldn't.
Like the colander
In the saucepan in that cupboard instead of
In the salad bowl in the frypan in this!
I'll say, 'O, there it is.'
I won't set out on an expedition to find it
Like I did with the 2012 Symphony program
Only to find it the second time I looked in the same spot.
The big one, the two blue ones,
And the softpack should be enough.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Your Visit by douglas scotney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman