After Your Visit
I wished I hadn't returned your two ice packs
When I realized my missing one
Was probably in your Esky.
'I'll be able to make do', I thought,
'I've still got one big one that lasts all night,
Two small blue ones,
And the softpack that stays hard
Beyond all expectations.'
Today will be the big test:
41degrees, they say.
Though surprisingly cool this time of day.
Perhaps I'll find that ice pack
Somewhere you put it that I wouldn't.
Like the colander
In the saucepan in that cupboard instead of
In the salad bowl in the frypan in this!
I'll say, 'O, there it is.'
I won't set out on an expedition to find it
Like I did with the 2012 Symphony program
Only to find it the second time I looked in the same spot.
The big one, the two blue ones,
And the softpack should be enough.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Your Visit by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns