'After You've Gone...'
After You've Gone'
Lying in bed, thinking about you…alone, yet I feel your presence, warm and inviting…
I feel a wanting inside, a desire I try to repress, and consciously clamp my legs together-
An audible sigh escapes my lips, my hair is in my face, I blow a strand away from my eyes…
I see things clearly, yet why is it so damn confusing?
Super-frustrated, I close my eyes in a futile attempt to sleep.
You are there.
Your face; smiling, as clear as day…Your lips so close to mine-
I shall die if I cannot touch them with mine.
My hand unconsciously travels to my breast, just under the thin material of sleepwear I have on.
Not my hand- but yours… Mmmm, another audible sigh, more like a gasp… 'Aaahhh'
Aroused, my hand finds the other breast-
Nipples stand at attention, electric signals shooting through my body.
My legs involuntary part… My hand has a mind of its own…
Traveling down the length of my body, to thin material of my panties- Damp, and accommodating.
My legs part further, my fingers find their target… And I'm so wet.
And I tell myself… not my hands, but yours…Not my fingers, but yours…
And I am oblivious to all else in the world… But you.
You take me to a place… I dream about, a place of decadent desires- Unbridled passions.
And I succumb to your touch… And I moan out loud, I say your name…
And I release the pent-up, hidden passions within me-
And I come.
I bring my fingers up to my mouth… And savor the taste of You, of Me… Of Us.
My God…what you do to me.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('After You've Gone...' by Kelly Seale )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi