After The Storm
I watch from my bed as the wind howls,
Twisting the trees into unatural shapes.
Too much water falls from the sky,
And cascades over swollen gutters
To surround my house
In a waterfall veil.
The wind howls and screams,
As it forces it's way
Through tiny spaces in my window panes.
Mayhem is outside my window
And I am warm and safe
Thinking of you
With a smile on my face.
Nothing can take away
That I am loved by this man
With his song in my heart
He pulls me in tighter
As if to protect me with his words
And I am as filled with calm
As tomorrows sky.
I am in love.
Lisa Weeks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Storm by Lisa Weeks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner