After the Expulsions
The old Romanesque church in Petersdorf,
closed since the Germans left the neighbourhood,
crumbles in the pouring acid rain.
Above, no bells toll for its dead; but stain
upon stain marks the stones where Mary’s scarf
rests at the bare feet of its heavy rood.
Leo Yankevich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After the Expulsions by Leo Yankevich )
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- love pains, bikram baniya
- At destruction, hasmukh amathalal
- मुकुट, dhirajkumar taksande