After Release From Prison
Where are you?
awake or sleeping-
to being in your own home.
This is just one more of the stupefactions
of spending thirteen years in a prison.
Who's lying at your side?
Not loneliness, but your wife,
in the peaceful sleep of an angel.
Pregnancy looks good on a woman.
What time is it?
That means you're safe until evening.
Because it's the practice of police
Never to raid homes in broad daylight.
Nazim Hikmet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Release From Prison by Nazim Hikmet )
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery