After All, Open Your Eyes
After all, what I wanted
Was turned to what I hated.
Mixed up emotions with feelings
Confusion, Painful, unbearable feelings.
I look for direction but no way
How came can I lose love and
Find love from another place?
Why can't I just have one lover?
Why do you have to go?
Can't you see that I love you?
Look at me, is this not love?
I must have been inlove with you.
But you where blind to see that,
Open your eyes, and look around.
Musa Ndhlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After All, Open Your Eyes by Musa Ndhlovu )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Ardella, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)