Her eye, an amazing ball of fire
Spherical, amber, orange-red
Without lashes, with glamour.
Colours fuse, red, pink, orange, yellow,
Mutating through that array,
Throwing colour behind dark clouds,
Giving them a pink backdrop.
Illusionary flames burn my soul.
Houses on the ridge flamoxed in amber.
I bask in her radiance,
Mop up that spectacle,
internalise it to lift my spirits.
I hear darkness tumble upon the land,
Crushing something in me.
nkosana Mpofu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (African Sunset by nkosana Mpofu )
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)