Her eye, an amazing ball of fire
Spherical, amber, orange-red
Without lashes, with glamour.
Colours fuse, red, pink, orange, yellow,
Mutating through that array,
Throwing colour behind dark clouds,
Giving them a pink backdrop.
Illusionary flames burn my soul.
Houses on the ridge flamoxed in amber.
I bask in her radiance,
Mop up that spectacle,
internalise it to lift my spirits.
I hear darkness tumble upon the land,
Crushing something in me.
nkosana Mpofu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (African Sunset by nkosana Mpofu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai