Afraid Of Getting Old?
We are all getting old it doesn’t
Matter what you’ve been told
You go from your childhood to your teen years
But you’re young and you have no fears.
Now that the teen years have come and gone
And to your teen years, you’re trying hold on.
What will happen when you’ve gotten older?
And your thoughts have gotten colder, and
Your movements have slowed down
As you turn and look around.
When your hair may turn grey or it starts to thin
Then you realize that you can’t win.
Age is coming up mighty fast. As you kick
Yourself in the ass.
Your youth like the weather tends to change
And you are never the same.
You started off like a cool gentle breeze
So refreshing to feel, and with
Your spirit you could heal.
Now you’ve become like the torrential rains
That comes from the skies.
Your tears are the raindrops that sink into the ground
But without ever making a sound.
Because you get older does not mean
That your spirit on fire no longer burns
It has just become amber of light
Waiting to ignite.
Just blow on that ember and watch the flame start to rise
As it shoots up and touches the sky.
That flame is the same that you had in your youth
And when you feel it that’s the proof.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afraid Of Getting Old? by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- THE 4 STAGES OF YOUR CHILDREN'S LOVE, Beryl Dov
- SEARCH FOR PASSION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the top of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- HONESTY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the p of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- FRIENDS VS. ENEMIES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov