Hating this feeling, what's this mean?
My chest hurts, I can't breathe
My eyes burn, tears stain my face
My hands shake, can't seem to stop.
Walking down the hall, avoiding eye contact
Don't touch me, don't come closer
Suddenly afraid and not knowing why
As a group of guys come my way.
'This is ridiculous' I tell myself
'Their just guys, ' so why am I so afraid?
I get no answer, just silence
As I edge closer to the wall.
Images fill my mind as I walk
Of my past, I thought I forgot
Told myself I exaggerated
The pain I felt then.
People tell me I exaggerated what happened
That it never was that bad
If that's true then why am I so afraid
Of being hurt, of letting anyone close to me?
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afraid Again by Karley Kay )
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of God, Patricia Spears Jones
- What I Have Not Done for Love, Patricia Spears Jones
- Painkiller, Patricia Spears Jones
- we choose to be happy, kemurl fofanah
- Voices, Pamela Spiro Wagner
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)