Hating this feeling, what's this mean?
My chest hurts, I can't breathe
My eyes burn, tears stain my face
My hands shake, can't seem to stop.
Walking down the hall, avoiding eye contact
Don't touch me, don't come closer
Suddenly afraid and not knowing why
As a group of guys come my way.
'This is ridiculous' I tell myself
'Their just guys, ' so why am I so afraid?
I get no answer, just silence
As I edge closer to the wall.
Images fill my mind as I walk
Of my past, I thought I forgot
Told myself I exaggerated
The pain I felt then.
People tell me I exaggerated what happened
That it never was that bad
If that's true then why am I so afraid
Of being hurt, of letting anyone close to me?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afraid Again by Karley Kay )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INSTRUCTIONS TO LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim