Hating this feeling, what's this mean?
My chest hurts, I can't breathe
My eyes burn, tears stain my face
My hands shake, can't seem to stop.
Walking down the hall, avoiding eye contact
Don't touch me, don't come closer
Suddenly afraid and not knowing why
As a group of guys come my way.
'This is ridiculous' I tell myself
'Their just guys, ' so why am I so afraid?
I get no answer, just silence
As I edge closer to the wall.
Images fill my mind as I walk
Of my past, I thought I forgot
Told myself I exaggerated
The pain I felt then.
People tell me I exaggerated what happened
That it never was that bad
If that's true then why am I so afraid
Of being hurt, of letting anyone close to me?
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afraid Again by Karley Kay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Am Always With You, Jen Toner
- I Am Not There, Jen Toner
- An Angel For A Friend, Jen Toner
- Hobble About Lame, Richard Thripp
- SnowFlakes, Jen Toner
- New Future Of The Internet, Doris Beaulieu
- Guardian Angel, Jen Toner
- Mother's Day, Jen Toner
- You Mean The World To Me, Jen Toner
- When I Thought I Couldn't Love You Anymore, Jen Toner