There's a crashing in my ears,
having conversations with my soul,
asking unanswerable questions
of a weary resolve.
On an ocean of uncertainty
the tide beats like a drum
of every broken heartbeat.
I drift towards an amber horizon,
wonder whether a flat world
would greet my curious feet.
Out, then in amidst the waves,
still frothing their teeth
before biting the sand.
calling me back to shore,
open arms gesture,
begging for my heart.
Through azure shaded glasses
I watch...I wonder...
do I float...
back into love.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afloat by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj