Affairs of Heart
She captivated you with primal lust
and wrapped her tendrils tightly ‘round your heart.
She feigns a smile that you have learned to trust,
seducing you and tearing us apart.
She rests within the plasma stream of life
and dwells within the essence of your soul.
She’s severed us as if by surgeon’s knife
and twisted it until she took control.
I gave myself; much more than you deserve,
but learned to use my claws just like a cat.
I tore away thus severing the nerve.
I never thought your heart was shaped like that.
There is no cure for this malignant sore,
I turn my head and leave you with your whore.
Amera Andersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Affairs of Heart by Amera Andersen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Beloved, Mouse or Mickey Mouse, Sandra Feldman
- When Destiny Called Out, Danusha Marie
- Bruised My Soul, Lilly Emery
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass