Those days of my teen years!
Remind me of a sweet name,
That I used to write in the air,
In deep devotion, with my finger.
When I wrote that name, I would
Hardly mark if anyone saw me do
This aerial exercise. When caught,
I would quickly put my hands down.
Keen onlookers used to ask me,
What was it that I wrote in the air?
I was solving a complex maths problem,
I used to reply with a semblance of innocence.
So many names I've since then known,
Not one figured in my finger like that.
Now I am long past those years, Still I sign
That name in the air or secretly in my pocket!
15 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aerial Signature by Khairul Ahsan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara
- The Shed, Susan Lacovara
- Rich and Scared, Poor and Safe!, Charles Jagongo
- Love Note 14, Michael P. McParland
- My Only Angel 2, Michael P. McParland