Those days of my teen years!
Remind me of a sweet name,
That I used to write in the air,
In deep devotion, with my finger.
When I wrote that name, I would
Hardly mark if anyone saw me do
This aerial exercise. When caught,
I would quickly put my hands down.
Keen onlookers used to ask me,
What was it that I wrote in the air?
I was solving a complex maths problem,
I used to reply with a semblance of innocence.
So many names I've since then known,
Not one figured in my finger like that.
Now I am long past those years, Still I sign
That name in the air or secretly in my pocket!
15 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aerial Signature by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)