Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
I tied welcome banners,
Fitted lamps in by-lanes,
Laid velvets along course
With flower petals on top.
Exotic plants, fragrant flowers
Lined both sides of the path,
Colours fluttered on all sides,
Buildings around painted afresh.
Day and night, I laboured alone,
And set all things tidy, perfect,
Lest I lose my honoured guest,
Who returns home after aeons.
Far galaxies she passed,
Alien worlds she crossed,
And navigates back now,
To find her world, settle there.
Tired she’s, after detour,
Needs peace while at home;
I endeavour to assure,
She’s most welcome home.
Fleeting is time, never constant,
Mammoth shifts flooded worlds
Since she crossed far worlds,
Her home now, a changed world.
I await her with unbated eyes,
Wild heartbeats, missed breaths,
Her crossing over to horizons,
Docking back to past world.
I wonder how changed settings,
Lost slots and added fittings,
Mould course at her new berth
And shape life to blissful rest.
While she crossed over worlds,
Like cynosure, I firmly stood,
Guarding her world without her,
Keeping all tidy, open for her.
Aeons passed, now she’s back,
To dock herself to my module,
And I’m flustered in anxious fear
As hours pass to minutes, seconds.
Loyal I stood always within,
But forces outside created hole,
Large enough to crack her soul –
I wonder how she handles it.
Hole or no hole, her home, hers
To accept, discard as she chooses;
Though totally she clings as I do,
Flares my fears as time nears.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aeons Passed by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)