Advice To The Cardinals... Sep 30th, 2013
Listen: all priests should have wives before they are ordained,
And these changed new rules should be quickly arranged,
Someone up high; tell the pope that this is what we need,
Just change the present ridiculous rules and we’re all agreed.
And females should be allowed to be priests, bishops and popes,
I realize that right now this is too much to get up our hopes,
But the church needs to change and the sooner the better,
If I thought it would do any good; I’d sent a nice letter.
And pedophile priests should be dispatched to the nearest jail,
And kept there for life after a civil trial; without fail,
And find out if someone can prove a heaven or a hell,
Because many good Christians are saying farewell.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Advice To The Cardinals... Sep 30th, 2013 by James Bredin )
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner