Long gone lost offshore
in the shark infested gore
He sails away
The tow line slips out of my hand as I reach for it
Epirb battery dead
Cherries and oranges setting overhead
I shrink, too ashamed
to call out his Holy name
God forsaken me with calloused knees
I'd rather drown
and sink down into the roar.
Hunger and thirsting for rescue I'm left behind
When He says,
'Help yourself first and I'll save you second'
The gulls are laughing
Three hundred and sixty degrees a blue bath of wrath
I ask it how it came to be
'I was here before the apes swung in the trees' the reply
Too late now for answers to the questions that I seek
What have I learned before I close my eyes into the deep sleep?
There are no absolutes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adrift by Sara Fielder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola