Adored in Somnolence
He curls up behind her
His every curve
Melting into her own.
The setting sun
Reflects from the lake
And dances across the ceiling
Like the aurora borealis
And they watch the display
In sleepy silence.
The temperature slowly drops.
He pulls the cover higher
For the first time in her life,
She feels safe.
His hand cups her breast,
As she drifts to dreaming,
With a tiny smile on her face.
He kisses her hair
And follows her.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adored in Somnolence by Lisa Weeks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Belles Nightingales Prophets, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Instead, Michael McParland
- The bells are ringing - some joy!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Inspiration, Michael McParland
- Into the coffin laid her They, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dawn is far away., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Insanity, Michael McParland
- A Certain Uncertain Certainty, Augustine Yirideme
- Skeletons that rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael McParland