Adored in Somnolence
He curls up behind her
His every curve
Melting into her own.
The setting sun
Reflects from the lake
And dances across the ceiling
Like the aurora borealis
And they watch the display
In sleepy silence.
The temperature slowly drops.
He pulls the cover higher
For the first time in her life,
She feels safe.
His hand cups her breast,
As she drifts to dreaming,
With a tiny smile on her face.
He kisses her hair
And follows her.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adored in Somnolence by Lisa Weeks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tranquil Place, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Qualified Candidates For Euthanasia, Terence G. Craddock
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -71, Ronjoy Brahma
- City Workers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बबेयाव थांनो?, Bahadur Basumatary
- Yesterday, Tony Adah
- Thoughts Bloom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do People Sometimes Self Suicide?, Terence G. Craddock
- I Hate You, Hafeni Nghidinua
- Form matters, douglas scotney