Adieu to Telegrams
Became a technology in senility
Of an era bygone
It has out- lived its utility
And had to go this morn.
The staccato of the Morse code
And the clatter of the teleprinter
Echoed off from this country’s mode
To send instant messages, sweet and bitter.
The facility of the telegram slid
From 163 years ago starting
On the 15th of July 2013, it bid
Good bye, with the great service ending!
Now the age of mobile phone
Makes way to send SMSs and e-mail
The age of telegrams is flown
Now Skype and Tango we avail!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adieu to Telegrams by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar