Addicted to The Bling
There's a competition for oxygen displayed in a cloud of dandruff.
Puffed. By circumstantial air patterns.
As a crowd of teenagers holds its breath. A young blonde
Goes purple. When Hobo Lou sees a polluted sky on her
Puffed, mouth pillows.
He lulls to the crowd
Through the gaps in his smile:
“My friends! ”
We hear an organ
As it collides with rotting enamel.
You are nuanced from chemical intake.
Killing knowledge by manipulating the senses
Into omnipotent ideas about cynicism and skepticism.”
The teenagers dance.
Their pupils growing to the size
Of full ticks.
We begin to ridicule our sanity.
Confusing the illustrious taste of Chanel perfume
As a sign of luxury. Such gregarious objects
Tease vision, by scenting pixels with seductive pheromones.
(There's a teenage addict scribbling away in their journal)
I thank thee
By inviting thee
To become capital.'
Hobo Lou awakens.
He wipes spittle off his beard and says:
“Marx watched the peasants getting arrested.
Because they collected twigs to heat their homes
From the bourgeois' private property.”
Coughs into a closed fist. Air shoots like a cannon
Through the gaps in his smile.
“The end result.” He says. “Was the smog we now breathe today.”
Then. Silence. Followed by a riotous applause.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted to The Bling by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards