Addicted to The Bling
There's a competition for oxygen displayed in a cloud of dandruff.
Puffed. By circumstantial air patterns.
As a crowd of teenagers holds its breath. A young blonde
Goes purple. When Hobo Lou sees a polluted sky on her
Puffed, mouth pillows.
He lulls to the crowd
Through the gaps in his smile:
“My friends! ”
We hear an organ
As it collides with rotting enamel.
You are nuanced from chemical intake.
Killing knowledge by manipulating the senses
Into omnipotent ideas about cynicism and skepticism.”
The teenagers dance.
Their pupils growing to the size
Of full ticks.
We begin to ridicule our sanity.
Confusing the illustrious taste of Chanel perfume
As a sign of luxury. Such gregarious objects
Tease vision, by scenting pixels with seductive pheromones.
(There's a teenage addict scribbling away in their journal)
I thank thee
By inviting thee
To become capital.'
Hobo Lou awakens.
He wipes spittle off his beard and says:
“Marx watched the peasants getting arrested.
Because they collected twigs to heat their homes
From the bourgeois' private property.”
Coughs into a closed fist. Air shoots like a cannon
Through the gaps in his smile.
“The end result.” He says. “Was the smog we now breathe today.”
Then. Silence. Followed by a riotous applause.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted to The Bling by A.j. Binash )
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)