Actual Evaluation Time
Diamond worth of gold
Appraisal perhaps I should praise
If forsaken, then who am I in this den?
I ask if there will be a murmur.
Who declares "I am the forsaken! "?
Then watch your mouth and account for it
Who then worth praise or raise
Is it your darkness or your brightness?
Behold and admire your admirer
I proffer "can you create your naira"?
If yes, then claim mountain
Poor perplex night soil man.
If at most you posses a naira
Count this: a prerogative
For you is not anything
In the hands of your Maker
In God hands we are made
In His hands we are a fake
He gives and takes
In absent of no one
He is there as cake.
Abdulhafeez Oyewole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Actual Evaluation Time by Abdulhafeez Oyewole )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr