Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
Across Time's Spread
After frozen in winter ‘neath smoky sky,
I yearn for the warmth of spring's colours;
After the nightmares of long starless night,
I yearn for the comfort of fullmoon light.
Post tenebris spero lucem, indeed,
But I know not how far is the dawn's hope;
Post winter, spring's hope indeed comes,
But I know not how long I need to wait.
Winter and spring, and day and night,
A continuum: folds on time's tapestry
To cross across in the nature's pace,
Not to rush or retard for convenience.
But love not counts the nature's pace,
No time can wrap the flares of love;
Love burns in flares across time's spread
And throws mass ruins of hearts and souls.
I see my colours in horizons of future,
While now and here is painful nought;
My eyes are afar on brooding heavens,
While the world I live is dark and vain.
The glimmers that show across far skies
Rouse my spirits to sail to shores,
Where promises of hopes burn steady
And I row my boat in tearing haste.
As I sail, my shore looks farther afar,
And tired am I by my hopeless labour;
Caught in cruel Hobson's choice I sail
With no light in eyes, wild grief in soul.
Lonely sail is it in mass of bleak water,
No soul to speak, no warmth to comfort;
But I know, the sail, my immortal goal:
However far be, I reach at all cost there.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Across Time's Spread by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
- Happy birthday late Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- Dark Room, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Then you go inside yourself., RIC S. BASTASA
- There's No Escaping Family, A.J. Kent
- the mother sparrow, RIC S. BASTASA
- fed up of hiding the sadness and anger, xenalee haynes
- The Milennium Park, Tony Adah
- don't you dare send me a postcard, Mandolyn ...
- there is a way to write to make you unde.., RIC S. BASTASA
- in Vietnam i had noodles, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)