Forthcoming maid shall be his bride
along the margin of past years,
they were two distant pioneers,
and floating dreamers on their tide.
Her steady absence - (maybe not)
pristine of thought, adorned the drifts,
away from corals and sea reefs,
- her splendid pride, became his knot.
New vineyards now adorn the rails,
arcane the train, on distance fades,
the northern gusts like cutting blades,
became comrades of lonesome trails.
His railroad trip invites their song,
remote of feasts the paths ascribe,
where agons of passed lives describe
how pride in void expends the wrong.
Denoted moments, College verse,
their distant lives to then direct,
her laughter's threshold to project,
the Springtime fields of blooming thyrse.
Attracts him back where years convey,
her solving of the maths on board,
unique of thoughts his smiles award
and her acoustic chords portray.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Acoustic Chords by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma