Here we go again with these acid tears
My ever so unwanted friend
These tears bring pain I want them to stop
But they seem to never end.
There are some scars upon my face
As the acid trickles down
My flesh starts to burn, I close my eyes
This leaves a permanent frown.
Perhaps these tears could offer me
A brand new hopeful start
Have them peel away your embraces and all false kisses
That ever touched my cheeks and heart.
And once these acid tears erase
Any sign that I had loved you
I could move on and live life the way I want
Until these tears cry for someone new.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acid Tears by Genevieve Pilat )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns