Accomplish my desire
Day will be darkness and not light,
It will be as though rattled birthright fled,
In waterfall woeful darkness greet,
The persecuted day that was once good.
Desire leaned away on a stubborn wall,
Waiting with no brightness in it,
For a serpent had bitten the night fall,
As though trip by a hurricane poet.
Life blows higher accomplish my desire,
House in a mole, when my soul is in mourning,
And my heart turns and burns like fire,
In waking haste refuse sleep restlessly drifting.
Climbs back to bed and more troubles find,
Desires every time tumbling black and white,
Dreams swamp the decks of my mind,
Tormenting daily trials every moment conceit.
Where desire comes in a tunnel of gutter,
As tempest storm stain the crinkled nightgown,
And dreaming deep fall blind into heavenly fire,
Mocking thoughts comes to a bad end.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accomplish my desire by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar