I woke up early in the morning, by a phone call,
Which left me mourning.
I paced up and down in the hall,
Doing nothing but frowning.
People say obstacles come and go,
Alas! I’ve been caught by snow.
People say, we shouldn’t fear even in the darkest year,
Oh! What do they even know, how I fought my tear.
I gave up the sorrow, I gave up the pain,
I ran towards the door in vain,
While driving I thought in my brain,
Would I be able to refrain?
Once someone said to me,
Perk up when in need.
Help someone if you can,
Cause a friend in need is a friend in deed.
A distance covered in an hour,
Seemed to go on forever.
But who cares where the road leads,
Till we meet in the end together.
There she lay on the bed,
With no movement no sound,
Sedulity struck me,
With its hand cold and brown.
I know she would never leave me,
I would take her back home.
Now I only wait for the operation to be over,
Till I sit here and moan.
Minutes passed like years,
Until the doctor came,
And subdued all fears,
That feeling what can I name?
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accident by Aditi Khandelwal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR