Lawrence S. Pertillar
Accepting To Acknowledge Violence
Accepting to acknowledge violence,
For the purpose to compete and not end...
Only prepares a future generation,
To disregard the meaning and existence of peace.
But to think of it as a thing antiquated.
When discussions and talks of humanity and unity,
Was at a time when technology...
And the use of sophisticated weapons,
Had not for them yet been invented.
To ensure conflicts created,
Would not cease but increase to eliminate those...
They determined were meek and too weak to control.
With a continuance to build exhibits in museums to visit,
To have each phase documented and historically told.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accepting To Acknowledge Violence by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'FOR ME—WHAT MADE ‘BRYANT MCGILL' TRULY .., Nikhil Parekh
- happy b'day to india's most fascinating .., Nikhil Parekh
- تعالي لنرسم معاً قوس قزح, سميح القاسم
- Norman Doesn't Go to Ferguson, Missouri, Donal Mahoney
- طائر الرعد, سميح القاسم
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine