Lawrence S. Pertillar
Accepting To Acknowledge Violence
Accepting to acknowledge violence,
For the purpose to compete and not end...
Only prepares a future generation,
To disregard the meaning and existence of peace.
But to think of it as a thing antiquated.
When discussions and talks of humanity and unity,
Was at a time when technology...
And the use of sophisticated weapons,
Had not for them yet been invented.
To ensure conflicts created,
Would not cease but increase to eliminate those...
They determined were meek and too weak to control.
With a continuance to build exhibits in museums to visit,
To have each phase documented and historically told.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accepting To Acknowledge Violence by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro