I’ve tried for so long to understand everything in such a profound way,
Like everything had a bigger meaning than me.
What I’ve come to know is that things tend to come and go,
Seasons, success, family and friends,
We have highs and lows sort of like temperatures.
My mood depends on the weather and the weather depends on my mood,
It rains in my head five days a week with sunshine the other two,
That’s why some days I think I’m going crazy and others I know I’ve been this way a while
It makes it hard to find a balance.
Speaking of balance lets add another jelly bean to weigh the pros and cons,
The cons were higher than the pros and the pros will hire the cons to do their work.
I feel as though I’m giving in to the real life me not the one I played for so many years on TV
In front of viewers I appear to be approachable but then when you meet me I’m rude.
I told you the weather determines my mood and its gloomy outside with a half painted sun,
There are children killing teachers with their mom and dad’s guns
There are rivers of waste and oceans of bodies that leak into our drinking water.
My stomach has been polluted since an extremely young age so don’t ask why I never eat anymore
It goes right through me like an insult or a trend,
I have no use for it to begin with and no use for it in the end.
I have learned to accept it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acceptance by Robert Burgan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.
- Another Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael P. McParland