I’ve tried for so long to understand everything in such a profound way,
Like everything had a bigger meaning than me.
What I’ve come to know is that things tend to come and go,
Seasons, success, family and friends,
We have highs and lows sort of like temperatures.
My mood depends on the weather and the weather depends on my mood,
It rains in my head five days a week with sunshine the other two,
That’s why some days I think I’m going crazy and others I know I’ve been this way a while
It makes it hard to find a balance.
Speaking of balance lets add another jelly bean to weigh the pros and cons,
The cons were higher than the pros and the pros will hire the cons to do their work.
I feel as though I’m giving in to the real life me not the one I played for so many years on TV
In front of viewers I appear to be approachable but then when you meet me I’m rude.
I told you the weather determines my mood and its gloomy outside with a half painted sun,
There are children killing teachers with their mom and dad’s guns
There are rivers of waste and oceans of bodies that leak into our drinking water.
My stomach has been polluted since an extremely young age so don’t ask why I never eat anymore
It goes right through me like an insult or a trend,
I have no use for it to begin with and no use for it in the end.
I have learned to accept it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acceptance by Robert Burgan )
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
- Love, dee villa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)