Words go tearing deep to hide you
Locked away into a horrible prison,
Making you feel in a state of lesser value,
And wish to change and be another person.
The abuse that you hate most can hurt,
Birth tears which becomes a river of fire,
To burn with anger how you have felt,
And gently draw your soul into fear.
Abused in the rooms sharing swollen faces
The vivid blur make tables and chair shake,
Keen to hide all the anxiety emotion traces,
Seek revenge for any convictions make.
But pride holds you a nobler prisoner in chains,
Ransom your emotions breaking out into pity,
Towards them who are controlling the pains
The intensity makes you feel life is empty.
The darkness of the night is full of intense,
Raging war of words color the extreme sounds,
Severely evoke tense and feeble defense,
The unpleasant degree of coldness groans.
From depths, profound raging goes unabated,
Crying out seemingly to forgive deeds done,
By the violent, wild and often aggravated,
You will discover more marks that are not shown.
Around your dreams is a great freedom girdle,
A tide to wipe inclined tears when you lament,
About the insane drive reacts to jump each hurdle,
Inspire hope to escape the cruel torment.
But the road ahead moves slowly downwards,
Out of range the pain is temporally broken,
All the abusive memories will turn towards
The new door you are looking to open.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Abused by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar