Words go tearing deep to hide you
Locked away into a horrible prison,
Making you feel in a state of lesser value,
And wish to change and be another person.
The abuse that you hate most can hurt,
Birth tears which becomes a river of fire,
To burn with anger how you have felt,
And gently draw your soul into fear.
Abused in the rooms sharing swollen faces
The vivid blur make tables and chair shake,
Keen to hide all the anxiety emotion traces,
Seek revenge for any convictions make.
But pride holds you a nobler prisoner in chains,
Ransom your emotions breaking out into pity,
Towards them who are controlling the pains
The intensity makes you feel life is empty.
The darkness of the night is full of intense,
Raging war of words color the extreme sounds,
Severely evoke tense and feeble defense,
The unpleasant degree of coldness groans.
From depths, profound raging goes unabated,
Crying out seemingly to forgive deeds done,
By the violent, wild and often aggravated,
You will discover more marks that are not shown.
Around your dreams is a great freedom girdle,
A tide to wipe inclined tears when you lament,
About the insane drive reacts to jump each hurdle,
Inspire hope to escape the cruel torment.
But the road ahead moves slowly downwards,
Out of range the pain is temporally broken,
All the abusive memories will turn towards
The new door you are looking to open.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Abused by Gerry Legister )
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hear me, hear me,, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Just few minutes., Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)