If echoes from the fitful past
Could rise to mental view,
Would all their fancied radiance last
Or would some odors from the blast,
Untouched by Time, accrue?
Is present pain a future bliss,
Or is it something worse?
For instance, take a case like this:
Is fancied kick a real kiss,
Or rather the reverse?
Is plenitude of passion palled
By poverty of scorn?
Does Fiction mend where Fact has mauled?
Has Death its wisest victims called
When idiots are born?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abstrosophy by Gelett Burgess )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael McParland
- A Witness, Abraham Sutzkever
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Brooding, Michael McParland
- In The Bliss..., John Ugolo Umah
- Breathing Space, Michael McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael McParland
- Another One, John Ugolo Umah
- Blackness, Michael McParland