ABRAHAM LINCOLN POEM
There's no better time to ponder Abraham Lincoln
Than a presidential election year like now.
From his humble beginnings in a one-room log cabin
He became our 16th president and here's how.
Abraham was a true believer and worshiper of God
And was always aware of His presence night or day.
He knew that evil shadows every woman and man
And before every decision he would meditate and pray.
The same so should we with both heart and soul
Ask God for His Divine answers in time of need.
As we face life's problems and the weakness of man
For jealousy, anger, hate, lust, love and greed.
Tom Zart's 601 Poems Are Free To Share To Teach Or Show Love And Support!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ABRAHAM LINCOLN by Tom Zart )
Did you read them?
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)