Although you cradle gently,
wanting you has altered me
like a leaf, falling from it's branch
upon a solid oak tree.
What once was filled with lush life,
clinging to the pulse of your limbs,
has dried, faded, dropped from sight
and will never be the same again.
That careful breath you bestowed
with just one sweet kiss,
dries, arid, inside my throat -
run hoarse from dreams dismissed.
As I fall towards the earth,
to shatter upon graves of truth,
a sudden breeze catches me,
returns my heart- once more- to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About You by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- FIRE BRAZIER منقل النار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv