Each man knows his allotted worth,
The three score years and ten;
Yet few were those who survived at birth
Through the ignorance of men.
They called it the Dark Ages,
When life expectancy was short;
In statistics that they calculate
Were the lives snuffed at the start.
Through the annals of an enlightened age
There march a million strong,
The children who are slaughtered
Before they can be born.
Was life expectancy less great
When accident stilled the voice
Than when the deaths mount in a land
Where parents kill by choice.
The politicians who passed the pro-abortion law
were about thirty years too late.
Thirty years sooner that law could have slaughtered
the voters who put them in office.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abort Not by Adeline Foster )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson