Abode of Love
Love cannot be contained
And kept within doors
The Love ingrained
Will be let out with tears.
When in people Love is copious
Even to the very bones, they give
The Love-less people are ambitious
Appropriating all to themselves massive.
Like the relation of life precious
With body and soul
There should be relation of life precious
With life as a whole.
When you are with Love in amicability
You are in great harmony
That begets cordiality
And with friendship you are in symphony.
The greatness of binding Love
Who long live in wed-lock
Will obtain in Heaven
The result of their true love-lock.
Love is the base of virtue
So deem the Wise
For demolishing the evil too
Love does instantly rise.
Like the fierce sun’s heat
That roasts the critters
A soul sans love sweet
Virtue’s power dries it to litters.
When the mind sans Love
Lives in this domestic world
It’s like dry boulders that allow
Shooting of tender leaves curled.
If the inner organ—the mind
Is of suffusing Love devoid
Of what use is it to have in bind
The other organs which are then void.
That body which treads in life
The Love- path, so glad
Is the one which pulsates with life
Else it’s a skeleton, skin clad.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
written by the Poet Saint’ Thiruvalluvar’ some 2000 years ago.
These are the 10 Kurals from the chapter’ Anbudaimai ‘
Comments about this poem (Abode of Love by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland
- Enough With the Socks, Babbling Brookes
- Don't Like It?, Michael P. McParland
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland