Abandoned Was My Eventual Fate
Waves of unease flood my heart,
Defying and ignoring my loving touch.
Crippling memories shake me through,
For your angelic image seems so true.
Precious and priceless you are in my eyes,
For I can never bear to see you cry.
Clinging deeply to the love we share,
Treasuring a love that seems so rare.
Severed sinews and battered heart,
Oh, how I long for your tender hug!
Heartening to see you change,
As you walk out of my loving range.
Abandoned was my eventual fate,
For all was deemed too late.
Melancholic and forlorn I became,
Forever forgetting love and pain.
Haden Chua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandoned Was My Eventual Fate by Haden Chua )
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gathering Compensation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 2 of A Kind, Josep Rodriguez
- पाऊस ओथंबुन वाहत असताना..., Amit Anjarlekar
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)