Shania K. Younce
A forest had ruled the land of Fend.
For the forest had ruled for a thousand fort nights.
For had stayed and lived.
For appeared a spirit.
It was the spirit of the forest.
The spirit of the forest had been called upon by a child.
Shania K. Younce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Abandon' by Shania K. Younce )
- Cold October Nights, Mikey Bachman
- Pilgrims, Suresh Dogra
- Arms of Rain, lakshmi s bose
- Once gone, Sentamu Aziz
- Misnomer, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Retribution, Valsa George
- Complete Puzzle, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Life, Faisal Qaiyum
- Kamala Das (II), Bijay Kant Dubey
- "American Exceptionalism", michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Chocolate Cake, Michael Rosen
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge