Shania K. Younce
Leown thought herself most beatilful.
She thought of herself to often.
Making others dread her presence.
She didn't understand why people came to resent her.
She looked upon herself in a small pool of rippling water.
Then announced to people that she would embrace the way of abaisser.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Abaisser' by Shania K. Younce )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- where is my voice?, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- नै मिथिँगा अनजालि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Living And Going., Tony Adah
- The Little Martyr, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- बारसे बिबार बारदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- # When #, Aparna Chatterjee
- - She -, Aparna Chatterjee
- You are not the body, gajanan mishra
- - Die -, Aparna Chatterjee
- > Nowadays <, Aparna Chatterjee