Sushil Kumar Tripathy
Abacus, the thing I got
Embedded with a writing slate
At my child hood
To enter in the school
A new step of my life to rise.
I was brought to a place
People called it the school,
Having no roof over head
Nor any wall around it.
An old commanding man
Sitting on a mate of date palm
Introduced me my teacher
In the dawn of my life to build.
The way of life in the world
Is an ongoing process
That I have to lead, started
With the pale view through
A thick framed glass
And old hard but homely voice
Sit down, sit down.
Sushil Kumar Tripathy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abacus by Sushil Kumar Tripathy )
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis