Shania K. Younce
Aback, aback the child was.
For stuff of powdery white is falling from the sky.
For the air became chilled.
Icicles did slowly form.
In the reflection of gradualy freezing water stared the boy.
In the reflection of his eyes tears did still in mid-flow.
The grass did not wave in the cold wind.
Oh, pain there was in the boy.
For a child he is.
For the pain did still.
A lady of many years did come.
For she looked old and young.
For she said, 'I did hear you call and I did take your hand.'
'Why, oh great lady with silver moon hair and pale complexion? '
'Why, I my fair child boy you are mine, 'said the lady.
'You are mine and if you call I shall apear.'said the lady.
'I am aback with desire and should like to be all yours as I am a child boy.'said the child.
So, they lived sweetly in ample delight.
Shania K. Younce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Aback' by Shania K. Younce )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.